Delhi, the capital city of India, is located on the banks of river Yamuna. The city is well known for its historical monuments, art galleries, forts, temples, museums and shopping areas etc.
This 8 hours tour of Delhi will begin at 09:00 AM. However, you can start at your own time. Pick up from your desired location in Delhi / NCR and proceed for sightseeing tour of Delhi. Our expert Guide will assist you throughout the journey and explain you all about the history and culture of the city. Get started with these top must visit attractions in Delhi.
- India Gate: Designed by Edward Lutyens, It is the war memorial dedicated to Indian soldiers, who died during World War I. The name of many soldiers who died during World War I is inscribed on its wall.
- Red Fort: Red Fort or Lal Quila is a popular tourist attraction in Delhi. The fort was built by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in 1648, when he moved his capital from Agra to Delhi.
- Jama Masjid: The largest mosque in India, the Jama Masjid was built by Shah Jahan 1656 AD. The mosque can accommodate about 25,000 people. The domes are built in white marble. The prayer hall of the mosque has 260 pillars.
- Old Fort: Humayun started the construction of the fort in 1533 AD, but before the completion of the fort, Sher Shah Suri defeated him and captured Delhi. Sher Shah Suri completed the fort and named it -Shergah.
- Humayun's Tomb: Humayun's Tomb is mausoleum of the Mughal emperor Humayun. Bega Begum also known as Haji Begum, wife of Humayun constructed the mausoleum for her husband.
- Qutab Minar: The construction of the Qutab Minar was stated by Qutub-ud-din Aibak in 1199 AD but he died before completing it. His son-in-law and successor Iltutmish completed the construction of the building.
- Lotus Temple: Also known as the Bahai Temple, the monument is designed like a lotus flower. If you are looking for some moments of peace and tranquillity in the crowded city, Lotus Temple is the ideal place to visit.
Note: Apart from the above-mentioned sightseeing places, there are various other tourist spots that you can visit on your tour of Delhi. Some other sightseeing places in Delhi include Lodhi Gardens, National Museum, Jantar Mantar, Dilli Haat and the Garden of Five Senses.
In the evening you will be dropped at your hotel or at airport with the cherishing memories of Delhi Sightseeing Tour.
Get in touch with us for a customized tour to suit your needs. Plan your vacation the way you want. We will give you our valuable advice and assist you plan your the best tour in India.